Role: Designer | Platform: PC and Xbox | Genre: First-person horror adventure | Engine: Unity | 2015-2021
The Corridor: On Behalf Of The Dead is a sci-fi horror game set in a dystopian future where law enforcement invade criminals’ minds to uncover their guilt.
I co-created the studio and was involved in all aspects of the games development and worked in close collaboration with artists, programmers and animators to create a rich, immersive and engaging player experience.
- Designed and developed entire sections of the game. Worked from high-level design briefs and pushed them to release-quality player experiences.
- Created blockmesh level prototypes. This included – but not limited to – level layout development, world building, narrative beats, puzzle design and AI encounters.
- Designed and scripted player interactions and gameplay events using various tools including visual scripting, cinema director and Mecanim.
- Designed and implemented AI behaviour tree for enemy encounters and paths for NPC’s enemy encounters.
- Authored and maintained several documents including GDD and golden path level playthrough documentation for use by team members.
- Designed and implemented world space User Interface with a focus on compatibility with traditional and VR experiences.
- Worked in close collaboration with a programmer, artist and creative writer to craft an immersive and engaging player experience.
- Play tested and documented design issues, bugs and other aspects that affected player experience.
- Organised play test sessions through discord and collected feedback
- Organised a multidisciplinary team of 4, virtually across multiple time zones
Toyama Work Camp – Level design process